Apple Leather Case for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigchief, Oct 6, 2014.

1. bigchief macrumors 6502a

When I purchased my iPhone 6 at the AT&T Store I bought the CaseMate "NAKED-TOUGH" case for it. It's a good looking case that shows off my gold iPhone 6, It's a clear case, with reasonable protection. Problem, it's slick and hard to hold, I've almost dropped it several times.

Thinking about getting the Apple leather case. For those of you who have bought and used the Apple leather case for the iPhone 6 are you satisfied with it so far? Does it provide enough protection and still easy to put in and take out of your pocket without being bulky? Is it easy to hold in the hand, not slippery?

Your input would be appreciated.

2. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    I have one.

Seems solid to me, the average user. Doesn't stick to my pockets at all so taking it in and out of my pockets is no problem. Fits on the phone nice and snug; seems sturdy and well made. I'm sure the leather will show signs of wear over time, but that's expected. Was a bit pricey, but I'm happy. Doesn't add a substantial amount of bulk -you can look up the dimensions online. Having the case makes holding the iPhone 6 easier to me.

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1786734

4. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

I've had the Apple leather case on my 6 Plus since day one, and it makes a world of difference. It's got enough texture to it that it's easy to hold, while smooth enough to go in and out of a pocket without any resistance. In that respect, I also find it more practical than the silicone case.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Love my leather case. Phone would be too slick without it. Doesn't add much bulk at all.

6. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I have the Apple leather case on my iPhone 6 and love it. I think it is protective and adds minimal bulk. Feels nice to hold, not slippery and easy to take out of pockets.

7. CBSubliminal macrumors 6502

CBSubliminal

I have the apple leather case for my gold plus in color black. Gives good grip and protection, and doesnt add bulk to the phone.

8. neteng101 macrumors 65816

Only part that I'm not crazy about is the exposed bottom - the 5s leather case had holes/cutouts for the headphone/lightning/speaker, but the 6 case just leaves the bottom part truly exposed/naked.

9. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I opted for the Apple silicon case instead. I think it grips better than the leather case and it feels better in my hand why still enabling plenty of protection for the phone.

10. thehype31 macrumors regular

With every other iPhone i have had (3GS, 4, 5, 5s), I have always tried buying some cheap plastic cases, but always ended up going naked. With that said, I went for the black leather case this time and I absolutley love the way the case feels in my hand. I'm very happy with my purchase.

11. melburstein macrumors regular

melburstein

12. Bamff macrumors regular

I purchased the black leather for my I6, and it doesn't have the same feel as the previous 5-5s versions. To me the textures are different, even though its made with the same leather. Plus the open bottom was not up to par, again, as the previous version. It slipped right out of my hand on its first outing and thankfully nothing happened to my phone. I returned it within the 14 day window and have a different case on it now.

13. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Are you sure it's the same leather? For instance, the 5S case is explicitly stated to be made from "aniline leather" (yes, I realize this only applies to the dying process, and shouldn't affect the texture), while the 6/6 Plus case is simply made from genuine leather. There's no reason to believe that both are made from the exact same type of leather. The 6/6 Plus case leather seems to have a finer grain and is smoother to the touch.

14. Bamff macrumors regular

You are probably right, but the new case does feel slippery, and with the new iphone, i just feel its not a good combination.

15. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Can't recommend this case enough. My wife and I have been using the leather cases since they came out for the 5s last year. They are even thinner on the 6 and work better with speaker docks because of the bottom cutout. The only caveat is that they do scratch up and stain, and it seems to be worse on the 6 & 6Plus than the previous gen.
    I'm using an Olive Brown case on my gold iPhone 6 and my wife has the midnight blue on her space gray 6. So far it seems the olive town is holding up better.