Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mutn10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
Hello everyone

I'm making this thread because I'm getting a bit paranoia about my brand new iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey. I got the Apple leather case (RED) with it, but I'm not too happy with the case.

From the start, the case was not snug around the phone. On the left side, I could feel that there was a (very small) gap between phone and case. Nothing major but still annoying. Also the phone didn't lay flat on a table. There was rocking. To illustrate with a picture:
hvynti.png

Then I decided to bend the case a bit in the other direction. Without the phone in it I pushed the left and right border to the middle in persuit of making the case sit snug around the phone and make it lay flat on a table. Picture:
n2mljd.png

So now the case feels very snug around the phone and it nearly lays flat on tables (depending on orientation). I'm happy with how it is right now, but now I'm panicking that me bending the case may cause bending the phone in the long run. I bent the case in order for it to be snug, but maybe it's too snug and it will cause bending of the phone (left to right). I don't know if this is possible and that's why I come here to ask you guys.

Tl;dr Can a too snug case (bent by myself) bend my phone in the long run?

Another question I have is the following: can a solid plastic snap on case cause scratching on the aluminium/glass?

Thanks in advance for answering

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
The iPhone only bends on the sound buttons, the rest of the iPhone is very strong - the leather case isn't going to bend your phone. :p

mutn10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
Ah oke. I was a little bit paranoia because of all the bending issues. I just want my phone to look perfect. :)

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
that was the most senseless assumption I have ever read. How on earth would the case do that?

mutn10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
Well yes, I'm very OCD when I have a brand new phone (or other device for that matter). But now I think I'm reassured enough and will keep continue using the case until it's time for a new look. :D

Thanks everyone!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.