Apple Leather Case or Spigen Neo Hybrid ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by unknownx, Sep 28, 2014.

?

Which case of these 2 ?

1. Apple Leather Case (Black)

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. Spigen Neo Hybrid (Dante Red)

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. unknownx macrumors regular

I'm gonna choose either Apple´s leather case (Black) or a Spigen Neo Hybrid (Dante Red) for my Space Grey iphone 6

But i'm having trouble deciding..
    You dont need to write other cases, wont be interested..

But which one looks nicer & which one is the best protected one?

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Get both and keep the one you like better. Apple has 2 week return policy.

3. zapbranighan macrumors newbie

I just returned my Spigen Neo Hybrid for the Apple leather case. I was happy with the Spigen initially then I had a chance to try the Apple case. I just feels better in my hand. The Spigen just felt wider in my hand and the leather case had a better uniformed look. The leather case costs more than twice but to me it was the better case.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have both and am returning the Neo Hybrid. It feels much bigger in your hand than the Apple Leather case. It too me is also very slippery. I dropped it once, thankfully on carpet, and came close 5 or 6 times. Usually when I am picking it up from a table. It is a very solid, great covering case, but I can't get over the feel of it in my hands.

5. cleirac macrumors 6502

If ever anyone is set to use a non-Apple case, JUST NEVER BUY and USE a case with TACKY & UGLY BRANDING.

Join me in my crusade against ugly and tacky branded iPhone cases.

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I've been very disappointed with the Spigen cases for the 6 and 6+, which sucks because I loved their cases for the 5/5S. It seems they wanted to get those initial sales before all the case manufacturers got their products out, so they rushed the cases out the door without worrying about how they'd actually work on the phones. I have an Apple case now and I love it. Highly recommend it.

7. mrgossett macrumors 6502

I had the Neo Hybrid (plastic band) and returned it because it was slippery and hard to pick up, but it was a nice-looking case. I now have the Neo Hybrid Metal in Red on my space gray 6, and it looks awesome, fits great, and the buttons work great (with Spigen's stabilizers). It's a little less slippery than the plastic band model and easier to pick up, but I still don't feel like it's secure in my hand. Wish Spigen could have added more grip and still kept the looks. I've ordered a Tech 21 case like I had on my 5, which I liked. It will have more grip, but it won't have the looks of the Neo Hybrid Metal. I'm not interested in the Apple leather cases for two reasons: 1) The open bottom which I'm just not comfortable with as far as protection, and 2) The color change that apparently happens with use on everything but black. Some may like the "worn" look, but I don't.

Attached Files:

8. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

[​IMG]

I was disappointed with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case as well because I thought it was slippery. Turns out that if you use it for a week, your hands and sweat wipe off this sort of sheen on the plastic and it makes it far more grippier the more you use it. I'm not sure what color your iPhone is, but I find that the slate black Spigen case against the black glass bezel looks terrific.

The only other thing I will add is that Apple cases are made of leather and within a few weeks you will find that they crack and wear pretty significantly. Point being, if you want a very tidy and sharp looking case you don't want to go with Apple which starts to look relaxed like a pair of old shoes rather quickly.

BJ

9. bananataffy macrumors member

+1,000,000

Spigen cases are sooooo ugly, it's not even a comparison. I understand it's all personal preference but i'm a bit baffled by the obsession on this board with ugly, tacky, branded cases. It's like the total opposite of Apple's minimalistic designs. The majority of cases out there ruin the look of the phone, there are only a select few i've found that actually look good.

10. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Cases are there for protection. Amongst the other cases in the universe, Spigen has the best design. If Apple used better materials on their iPhones we wouldn't need cases to begin with.

BJ

11. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Anyone with both cases, are they the same thickness and do both have the same rounded edges?

12. pippin65 macrumors newbie

I love my apple leather case in blue. I dropped my phone whilst removing it from my pocket yesterday in a way that made it almost a toss. Oh how it tumbled and bounced three times. No damage. Yeah lucky, but I love my apple case

13. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Love the quality of my Spigen Neo Hybrid, and the fact that it is compatible with a fully body skin. The only issue is that the mute switch is basically impossible to access.