Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

praterkeith

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Montgomery, AL
How has the exposed parts of the camera held up on your 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max? Any more scratching than previous versions? The cutout is pretty large.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I've had the leather case on my iPhone 6 for a few years and going on two years for my iPhone X. both are still in mint condition. no issues.

Bkdodger

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2019
No issues with protection and camera .
429d357d1857653e79fc8be3f982a7a5.jpg

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2016
I own all six officially released Apple leather cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and protection is no problem at all.

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
I own all six officially released Apple leather cases for the iPhone 11 Pro Max, and protection is no problem at all.

Wow man, that is some serious investment on covers. I only have a forest green leather cover for my iPhone 11 Pro Max and still trying to convince myself to get another one (Meyer Lemon) ?
I upgrade my iPhone every year so having more than one cover is a waste after you sell your old phone.

Telesmurfen

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2016
Well yeah, it’s an investment, but it has kinda become a hobby, and it gives my phone different looks for different occasions. But, unlike the Apple Watch bands (which fits every model of the watch so far), it feels a little wasted when I sell my phone.. oh well..
About the yellow case, it sure is looking good, but I would be careful if you are mainly wearing dark blue (heavy dyed) jeans, as I believe it could stain the case. But except from that, I love the bright yellow color.

araczek

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2010
Tinton Falls NJ
The leather cases are nice and I liked it the first few months but the leather gets the worn leather look after a while, I mean dirty. I used leather cleaner with minimal results at cleaning. So to me the leather isn't worth it unless you can seal it with something. Went back to rubberized/plastic cases for the Pro Max.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Used the Apple leather case since iPhone 6+ as with my 7+ and now with my 11 Pro Max. Some people avoid the Apple Leather Cases due to the exposed bottom area, but my 6+ since 2014, has not had a scratch. There are some minor scratches, but only visible in direct light and you are inspecting them like a diamond.

7+ held up well for the last 3 yrs. Several drops from about 3ft (waist level) and never a cracked screen. Apart from the exposed bottom area, the Apple Leather Cases are underrated. If you have a My BEST BUY account (which I believe is a free sign up), it's almost a buy one get one free price. Silicon and Clear cases are about $23, $29 for the leather, and $77 for the leather folio. These are the prices it should be.

EDIT: added sale prices for these at BB.

BlackHawk00

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2017
Well yeah, it’s an investment, but it has kinda become a hobby, and it gives my phone different looks for different occasions. But, unlike the Apple Watch bands (which fits every model of the watch so far), it feels a little wasted when I sell my phone.. oh well..
About the yellow case, it sure is looking good, but I would be careful if you are mainly wearing dark blue (heavy dyed) jeans, as I believe it could stain the case. But except from that, I love the bright yellow color.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the yellow leather case. I will pick one up today and give it a go :)

cappo3

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
I had a leather case from Apple on my 6, I treated it like ****. It fell numerous times without any consequences.
Just once it fell right on the exposed bottom part. It dented extensively, along the whole frame. There were also some small spots of the white coating under the front glass detaching from the glass itself along the edge.
I bought the aubergine leather case for my X, but used it only twice: it made an already way too thick phone even thicker.
I guess these cases offer enough protection, until you get unlucky. I am still pondering if I should buy another for my new 11 pro, go for something else or go naked as I did with the X. Unfortunately I could not yet find an alternative which offers the same understated looks and tactile feel as Apple's leather cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.