Apple Leather case with wrinkles and indents

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The JTizzle, Sep 23, 2016.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Got my 7 Plus last night and after getting it all setup I put it in my new midnight blue leather case. The case has some small wrinkles/indents on it around the corners (see pics). Did I get one that received damage and I should exchange it, or is that normal? I haven't had an Apple leather case since the iPhone 5, so not sure how they should look with this new form factor.

Attached Files:

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

normal for leather. all 3 of my apple leather cases for the iP6 have wrinkles around the edges.

3. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I figured but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

4. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

That's how they all are. Some have more, some fewer.

Trust me you won't care after a few months.

5. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

FYI, I read about this issue so when I chose my case in the store, I asked them if I could open it up there to make sure it was good. I did, and it was pretty much perfect. So then I went home, put it on my phone, and now 4 days later the corners have developed small creases in them just like your picture.

I think just the act of holding the phone will cause that in time. The fit isn't very tight when you first put it on the phone, so after holding and gripping it for a while, the corners curl in a little more, which causes those bends. Obviously some of the cases developed that just from being packaged. Either way, it seems natural for leather, and you only will notice when you look really closely.

Don't worry about it. The case still looks really nice!