Apple leather iPhone 5s case - sleep button hard to press

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kalt, Oct 1, 2013.

1. kalt macrumors regular

I love the leather case I got with my new 5s, the beige color looks great with the white/silver iphone. But the one issue I have is the sleep/wake button on top is really hard to press through the leather. Are they all like this or should I exchange mine for a new one? The two volume buttons on the side are not as hard to press through the leather, they seem about right. But the sleep/wake button is so hard to press through the case it really bugs me. It's the only complaint I have w/ the new case, which other than that is perfect.

Also, I really don't think it will get any easier to press as the case gets worn in.

2. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

Either me or you have got an exception - because my case it totally the opposite the sleep/wake button is really nice to press and doesn't take a great deal to do. It feels quite spongy on release.

3. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Same here.

4. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

Either me or you have got an exception - because my case it totally the opposite the sleep/wake button is really nice to press and doesn't take a great deal to do. It feels quite spongy on release.

5. kalt thread starter macrumors regular

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

mine was abit the first day but has softened up and is now fine.

7. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Mine was like that at first! It's leather, it softens up in a day or two actually. Mine did just that, kind've stiff at first, but now the buttons are easier, and it's not as tough to remove it now.

8. kalt thread starter macrumors regular

I exchanged it today, the new case is much better, big difference. Unfortunately they were out of the one color I had and like - the beige (it looks great with the white front of the iphone). They said I can exchange it for a beige when they are in stock. Seems all 3 apple stores in town are sold out of that one color. Odd.

9. melman101 macrumors 68030

I'm going to the store tomorrow to try to exchange my case. First time apple genius ripped it inserting the lighting to 30-pin adapter. So then he exchanged my case. But now that sleep button is almost impossible to press. It's been a week at least. My wife's case is perfect.

Going to try to exchange tomorrow.