Apple LED Cinema Display 24" with rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MagicThief83, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MagicThief83 macrumors 6502

Anyone here use one with the rMBP? I was thinking about picking one up as it has a smaller screen and is the ideal size for my desk setup. What are your thoughts? I know it's a smaller resolution than the current cinema display but honestly, I don't need a screen that big.

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

I thought about doing this as well, but IMO it's not worth the price most people are selling it for. More than likely it's going to be used and the prices I saw were between $450-$600 which was more than I was willing to spend on a used monitor.

For than money you could get a really good 24" IPS monitor (i.e. Dell U2410 or U2412) or spend a little more for the 27" TBD (I had one in my Amazon gold box the other day for $880).

If can find a good deal on the 24" ACD, then go for it, but for me I was not willing to spend more than $300 for a used monitor.

3. MagicThief83 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, what's up with that? They are pricey for used monitors! However, I like the design and think it greatly complements the MacBook, as opposed to a non-Apple monitor.

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

Yeah, too much for used monitors IMO. Another option I discovered during my search was from a company called CinemaView. They sell a 24" monitor that looks very similar to the 24" ACD, but there are a few catches. It's only got a 1920x1080 resolution (instead of 1920x1200), it's a TN panel instead of IPS, and it's still over $400. Obviously they are trying to make some cash off the ACD style since a similar monitor with those specs would be sub $200. But, if resolution and panel type is not important to you and you are willing to pay more for "looks" then it's an option. :p

http://www.cinemaview.com/product/cinemaview-24led-display