Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChaosAngel

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
UK
Hi,

I'm in the UK and looking to sell my 24" Apple LED Cinema Display. It is in mint condition and includes the box, manuals, etc.

Any thoughts on a reasonable starting price?

Cheers,

Matt.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Cinema Display

I would start at £500. Apple is currently selling refurbished models for $849 so I would just drop the price a little bit more than that.

You might even be able to sell it for more if you stress that this model is compatible with more devices than the new thunderbolt display. At least I think that's the case. I couldn't determine whether or not my 2011 MBP would be compatible with the LED cinema display or if it would only work with the TB version. Good luck selling it.

Last edited:

Ribit

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
Location?

Where are you based in the UK?

Hi,

I'm in the UK and looking to sell my 24" Apple LED Cinema Display. It is in mint condition and includes the box, manuals, etc.

Any thoughts on a reasonable starting price?

Cheers,

Matt.

ChaosAngel

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
UK
Cool, thanks for the advise. Also, I'm in Basingstoke.

Side question - Is the new Thunderbolt Display backwards compatible with Display Port?

joannatraynor

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2012
I'll buy it off you for £500 incl postage? Are we not allowed to do that on here - you can email me and sort if you want....

nickos94

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
I would start at £500. Apple is currently selling refurbished models for $849 so I would just drop the price a little bit more than that.

You might even be able to sell it for more if you stress that this model is compatible with more devices than the new thunderbolt display. At least I think that's the case. I couldn't determine whether or not my 2011 MBP would be compatible with the LED cinema display or if it would only work with the TB version. Good luck selling it.

They're selling the 27 Inch for $849. The 24 inch isn't as new or big and should be sold for a bit less.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Apple Cinema Display

They're selling the 27 Inch for $849. The 24 inch isn't as new or big and should be sold for a bit less.

I know that they're selling it for that price, but I the fact that his display is compatible with older generations computers in addition to the current generation makes it more valuable in my opinion.

mac26

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
I know that they're selling it for that price, but I the fact that his display is compatible with older generations computers in addition to the current generation makes it more valuable in my opinion.

The problem is that his not "the newest" or the biggest and a lot of people would like more than 3 ports on their display.
I would gladly buy it though as that is not a deciding factor for me, too bad I'm not in UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.