Apple LED Cinema Display vs. Dell 2709w

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by qkrzazzang, Jan 24, 2010.

1. qkrzazzang macrumors newbie

Hi. I know there's another thread that has the same topic with mine. However, everything was discussed in a price matter. So I wonder: If these two monitors were priced the same, which one would you go for, and why?

Thanks guys>!

2. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Get the LED Cinema display, once you have it inside your room you will just say wow to the colors and sharpness of that screen!

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I got a 2709w about a year ago, and I'm very happy with it. The only reason I chose it over the ACD is because of the size and the sheer amount of ports it offers. If the ACD had an HDMI port, I probably would have gone with that, but I need it for pretty much everything I use. It really depends on what you are going to use the display for. The ACD uses an IPS screen, where the 2709w uses a PVA screen...so the ACD will have a bit better color reproduction, but the 2709w has better contrast levels for movies and such. Hope that helps you out.

PS. Dell did announce a U2711 (upgraded IPS panel instead of PVA) a little bit ago, so if you're not in a hurry and want the physical size, I'd wait for that. Has the same pixel count as the 27in iMac, but for the same price-ish as the ACD. Check it out.