Apple LED display does not support HDCP

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mech, May 14, 2009.

1. mech macrumors newbie

I have a unibody macbook connect to Apple LED cinema display, and using VIsta to play Blu-Ray disc using FastMac external Slim drive and PowerDVD, but cannot play content due to HDCP non-compliant display.

I have heard so many people said LED can support HDCP through DisplayPort, but appear to be not the case.

Using AnyDVD HD can by-pass this, but that is really not the ideal solution for me.

Anyone can get Blu-ray to play on Vista on a LED display?

2. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

really? what a joke if that is the case. Its a damn expensive monitor so it should support the latest stuff. Its not even a year old!

Im soooo glad i bought a Dell 2408wfp instead of the apple LED 24"!!!

3. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Wow, thats a real shame and yet another reason why mini displayport is a mistake. They should have stayed with dvi, or gone regular displayport. And don't say its a space thing, displayport is still half the size of dvi on the previous generation.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

In my opinion, why should Apple support the dumbest form of DRM yet?

This version of DRM needs to be put to rest, I am sorry.Maybe Apple is thinking that if you can't watch it, maybe the industry would soon cave.

5. Myyke macrumors newbie

WHAT?

Yep, I'm sure the entire industry is going to cave into Apple because the LED monitor doesn't support HDCP.

6. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Before you say anything, look at NBC.

7. Myyke macrumors newbie

Pretty vague connection there, you can hardly directly compare both situations.

8. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

HDCP is retarded. Download AnyDVD. Problem solved.