Apple legal ? when is it ok ?

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Just a quick one - when will it be ok for people to post the desktop pictures from tiger 10.4 ?

don't want to get stamped on from apple for searching the internet and posting the findings :rolleyes:

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
vouder17 said:
My guess is when Tiger is released..so that would be April 29th
:( i got iMovie waiting for a new tiger movie - was going to google em but looks like i will have to wait for the 29th then

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
well, i think they have been posted already on the forums here, not sure if they are still up, ill take a look around and see if i can find the thread.....

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
here is the thread....the link appears to still work, so im guessing that if you are not too public with anything apple legal wont hurt you, just try to keep it quiet and i think things will be fine

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
PlaceofDis said:
here is the thread....the link appears to still work, so im guessing that if you are not too public with anything apple legal wont hurt you, just try to keep it quiet and i think things will be fine

i think i will wait :rolleyes:

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Yeah i didnt want to watch that movie....spoils the best bit of installing a new OS..Oh boy i cant wait.. :D :D :D

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
ok so i put panthers desktops in my little homage to apple and it is sweet as a nut ;) done in iMovie on HD-720p-30 it will not even display full size on my ibook screen so i pumped it onto my TV and WOW you guys are going to love this on the 29th :rolleyes: does anyone know when quicktime 7 is here cos i could to do with shrinking the file size down from 96 mb to a more downloadable size

not long to go ! :D

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2003
Home
liketom said:
ok so i put panthers desktops in my little homage to apple and it is sweet as a nut ;) done in iMovie on HD-720p-30 it will not even display full size on my ibook screen so i pumped it onto my TV and WOW you guys are going to love this on the 29th :rolleyes: does anyone know when quicktime 7 is here cos i could to do with shrinking the file size down from 96 mb to a more downloadable size

I dont understand. what did u do? Are u a developer..well whatever you did sounds interesting...

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
Macaddicttt said:
If the movie is the best part about Tiger... :eek: I'll not be wasting my money... :D
Trust me the movie is one of the 200 new features that Apple DIDN'T mention, not the other 220 some that Apple DID mention ;). With over 400 new features, you will be satisfied.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
GodBless said:
Trust me the movie is one of the 200 new features that Apple DIDN'T mention, not the other 220 some that Apple DID mention ;). With over 400 new features, you will be satisfied.
If the feature list for Longhorn grew at the rate of reports of the number of new features in Tiger seem to, then it will never fit on the hard drive by the time it's released...meh, then again, it probably *won't*. :eek:

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
liketom said:

I'll mirror the file on my UW student server if you'd like. Free bandwidth for me.

GodBless

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
mkrishnan said:
If the feature list for Longhorn grew at the rate of reports of the number of new features in Tiger seem to, then it will never fit on the hard drive by the time it's released...meh, then again, it probably *won't*. :eek:
Longhorn is long off and will end up far short of Tiger. Don't worry Windows will be a small, insignificant, buggy OS that lacks features that OS X has for quite some time. Microsoft has a tough road ahead of itself if it thinks it can compete against OS X. ;)

gopher

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2002
Maryland, USA
liketom said:
out of intrest , has anyone here been told off by Apple Legal ? and why ?
One day, I put Apple's website inside a frame of my own website and I got a call from Apple directly! I don't know how they got my phone number other than possibly asking Network Solutions to reveal the source.

I fixed it that day, and everyone was happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.