Apple light through screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by joewillmott, Jul 28, 2012.

1. joewillmott macrumors regular

Anyone else noticed, if you leave your MBA until the screen goes to sleep, but the Apple light on the back is still on, you can see it through the screen? I doubt it can cause any harm but it still bothers me =/

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

... What? I doubt that is true. What do you mean, exactly? Could you maybe provide a picture?

3. joewillmott thread starter macrumors regular

I don't have anything to take a picture with atm. I was just playing PS3 and my screen went to sleep, but I could very clearly see the Apple light (backwards) in the middle of the screen.

4. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

The Apple light isn't on, in fact, there's no light just for the apple.

The way it works, the  is just a hole through the case with a plastic shield in it. When your backlight is on, it shines through.

What you're seeing is that when the LCD is off, the LCD is not blocking light. If there is another bright light on the other side of the screen, the bright light will be seen through the LCD screen. You can test this by putting your display to sleep and holding it up to a bright light or sun.

I can't take a pic right now because my phone is upstairs, but it's perfectly normal and it won't harm anything.

5. joewillmott thread starter macrumors regular

Ohhhhhh yeah! If I put my hand over the Apple light it goes away. I've learnt something new about the air everyday!