Apple Lightning A/V adapter question?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gpspad, Feb 4, 2014.

1. gpspad macrumors 6502

Just found out after I bought the Lightning AV adapter for my iPhone 5s that that xfinity mobile app won't play on a TV connected to it.

Are there any other programs that won't work/mirror with the Lightning A/V Adapter?

A list of programs that let you stream to a TV with it?

Any way to connect an iPhone or iPod to an older component TV w/o hdmi? I have some older videos I have I'd like to play on the road.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Unfortunately there will be some apps that won't allow for that or mirroring/AirPlay due to content licensing and restrictions for the most part.

3. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

Right. The Lightning AV adapter isn't just simply providing a mirrored video output to the TV like the old 30 pin adapters. It's basically a wired implementation of AirPlay, and is subject to the same content restrictions. If the app doesn't support AirPlay then it won't work through the cable either.

If you have an older iOS device with a 30-pin dock connector, you can get a component adapter.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Did you get a message that playback was prevented or it just didn't work?

For a 5S you need a digital to analog converter. I bought this one and run the composite video to the entertainment system in the car. I've never looked for one that output component but a quick Google will let you know.