Apple-like silicone case for iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lothwe, Jan 27, 2016.

1. lothwe macrumors newbie

I like the feel and design of Apple's silicone cases for the iPhone 6, but is there a cheaper alternative that is almost the same as Apple's? I think that $60 is too much for a case.

2. player one, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016

player one macrumors newbie

player one

Apple's silicone case is less than $60. I have 2 and bought them at $35 each. I didn't want to spend that much either but it's a case that I know would work with the ice max that I already have.

I've seen ebay knock offs of apple's silicone case which of course is a lot cheaper.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

The ebay knockoffs are absolutely terrible. Don't waste your money on them.

4. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

I've had eBay copies for a fraction of the price of apple cases, and the difference is pretty much nil, for both leather and silicon. The brown leather I'm using now actually smells like leather !

5. lothwe thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you have links to the silicone case(s) that you purchased?

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Apple silicone cases are priced $35.
    They are the best I've ever tried (and I tried quite a lot).
    You could find other brands' cases for $20-25. I won't buy them to save just a few $ ...

7. lothwe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, they're not exactly. They're ~$50 including tax in Canada.

8. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

in NZ, the silicone case for 6s is $65, the leather one is $85. It's $75 and $95 for 6s Plus.
    So can I have the link to the ebay knockoff one that you think looks identical to the Apple ones? thanks

9. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I got a knockoff that looked and felt very similar to a real one, but it didn't fit on the phone. LOL

10. lugworm macrumors 6502

lugworm

If you'd asked without the fanboi attitude I would. I'm sure you can find one for yourself. It's easy.

11. realpras macrumors regular

realpras

what do you mean fanboi attitude? I just mentioned that in NZ those genuine cases are so expensive that's why I didn't buy them and I'm interested in those knockoff ones on Ebay. Of course I've browsed them on ebay and saw some, but since I haven't actually bought them, I asked you which one exactly that you bought and had a good quality so I can buy exactly what you'd bought. This is a genuine question, not to show off or anything to do with fanboyism. I apologise if I sounded rude to you or offended you in any way.

12. Cree182 Suspended

Cree182

In Australia I found Tesltra (biggest telco) were selling the genuine Apple leathers cases for $29. Apple are selling these for $75. Search for Apple leather or silicone case and you should find some.