Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

RMo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
If you look on this page and scroll down to "Technical Specifications," Apple lists Siri as a built-in app for iPad 2: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad2

Is this correct? I thought there were both accounting (devices bought before the feature was announced) and technical (not enough resources on the device) reasons that Siri was not on the iPad 2.

Can someone clarify, or is this a mistake?

Thanks!

Oui

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2012
If you go into the compare iPads section its excluded from the iPad 2.
It's obviously an oversight. It needs to be fixed most of us that browse the forums know its not included on the iPad 2, but your average sheeple would not.

RMo

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Iowa, USA
Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure that it was not included, but I thought maybe Apple changed something recently and I just wasn't aware. It caught my attention because I thought the limits were at least technical (if not also business-related) in nature, so I would have been surprised if this was actually true.

PS -

That would have been helpful to mention, since it required an extra step.

I did mention it:

If you look on this page and scroll down to "Technical Specifications," ...

-----

Are you considering buying a new ipad2 for personal use? If so I'd recommend looking at a refurb ipad4 instead for less money [...]

I am not, but I appreciate the concern. I have an iPad 2 from when they first came out, so I was mostly wondering if this was an "only if you bought it after a certain date" feature (but see my comments above) or an oversight on Apple's part. I am eventually looking to replace my iPad 2, but I think I'll go with an Air since that will give me the most flexibility in choosing cell carriers in the future--otherwise I agree that the 4 looks like the best bet as well (Retina screen will be an improvement, Siri will be a welcome addition, and the Lightning connector will be nice so I can finally standardize all my devices).

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
You all may not think this is a big deal but it can be false advertising if the ipad 2 doesn't have siri but the web site says it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.