iPad Apple lists "Siri" as iPad 2 feature?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RMo, Nov 6, 2013.

1. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

If you look on this page and scroll down to "Technical Specifications," Apple lists Siri as a built-in app for iPad 2: http://store.apple.com/us/buy-ipad/ipad2

Is this correct? I thought there were both accounting (devices bought before the feature was announced) and technical (not enough resources on the device) reasons that Siri was not on the iPad 2.

Can someone clarify, or is this a mistake?

Thanks!

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Where's Siri listed on the page you linked? I don't see it.

3. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Look under technical specs

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

That would have been helpful to mention, since it required an extra step.

Probably a good question for support.apple.com -- my guess is that it's a mistake.

Are you considering buying a new ipad2 for personal use? If so I'd recommend looking at a refurb ipad4 instead for less money: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad/ipad4gen/wi_fi

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

6. xNYMetsx macrumors 6502

xNYMetsx

Look under built in apps, it's a picture not text

7. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

8. Oui macrumors 6502

If you go into the compare iPads section its excluded from the iPad 2.
    It's obviously an oversight. It needs to be fixed most of us that browse the forums know its not included on the iPad 2, but your average sheeple would not.

9. RMo thread starter macrumors 65816

RMo

Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure that it was not included, but I thought maybe Apple changed something recently and I just wasn't aware. It caught my attention because I thought the limits were at least technical (if not also business-related) in nature, so I would have been surprised if this was actually true.

PS -

I did mention it:

-----

I am not, but I appreciate the concern. I have an iPad 2 from when they first came out, so I was mostly wondering if this was an "only if you bought it after a certain date" feature (but see my comments above) or an oversight on Apple's part. I am eventually looking to replace my iPad 2, but I think I'll go with an Air since that will give me the most flexibility in choosing cell carriers in the future--otherwise I agree that the 4 looks like the best bet as well (Retina screen will be an improvement, Siri will be a welcome addition, and the Lightning connector will be nice so I can finally standardize all my devices).

10. RebornProphet Suspended

I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, the same list shows iBooks under "built in apps".

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

You all may not think this is a big deal but it can be false advertising if the ipad 2 doesn't have siri but the web site says it does.