Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With a few hours left to go before Apple's big "Spring Forward" media event, the company has once again unlocked the "Apple Events" channel on the Apple TV in preparation for the big event.

Largely expected to be the central focus later today is the Apple Watch, given the Daylight Saving Time reference in the title of the event and the small amount of pricing and launch-related information known about the device so close to its rumored release date of April.

ep2-800x600.jpg
Image via MacStories

Other outlying possibilities include small refreshes of the 11" and 13" MacBook Air and the 13" Retina MacBook Pro. Less likely to be seen are the long-rumored 12" Retina MacBook Air, and even the recently-rumored iPad mini 4.

Fans wanting to watch the event live can also use Apple's official website, the caveat as usual being users will need to be running Safari to stream the event. Apple points out that most any recent version of the software will run the stream, though those with older software may have trouble.
Live streaming video requires Safari 5.1.10 or later on OS X v10.6.8 or later; Safari on iOS 6.0 or later. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with software 6.2 or later.
Apple's "Spring Forward" event begins at 10:00 AM Pacific Time. MacRumors will be covering all aspects of the event, including a live blog and live tweets which can be followed on the MacRumors Live Twitter page.

Article Link: Apple Live Streaming Today's 'Spring Forward' Event on Apple TV

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
20 minutes talking about how great apple is, and then the meat of the reason. Can't wait to see what they finally say about the watch and its battery life.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
20 minutes talking about how great apple is, and then the meat of the reason. Can't wait to see what they finally say about the watch and its battery life.

They've actually skipped the beginning fluff lately, but depending on how much they have to talk about today, they might do it to fill time. I don't think there's any way they could blow two hours on the Watch itself...

Nee412

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2010
Sunny England!
This was expected, and my plan for the event.

I will be sitting watching the event on my TV, which my MacBook open on MacRumors, and my iPad waiting for Apple.com updates.

Pretty much my routine for Apple events now. :D

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
They've actually skipped the beginning fluff lately, but depending on how much they have to talk about today, they might do it to fill time. I don't think there's any way they could blow two hours on the Watch itself...

I thought they were usually one hour.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I thought they were usually one hour.

If you click the "Add to calendar" link on the streaming page, the event Apple places on your calendar is two hours long. I don't expect they'd get set two hours if they didn't intend to use up just about all of it, as they surely know some people are planning their Mondays around this.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I bought a mandarin English dictionary and downloaded a couple of translation apps over the weekend. I am fully prepared for this event. :/)

wizard

macrumors 68040
May 29, 2003
I'm not sure why people believe that this is an Apple Watch only event. Apple has a lot of stuff, more important stuff, that they need to update at this event. Laptops for one, new monitors for another, basically a good portion of their product line.

In other words I'm expecting more.

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm not sure why people believe that this is an Apple Watch only event. Apple has a lot of stuff, more important stuff, that they need to update at this event. Laptops for one, new monitors for another, basically a good portion of their product line.

In other words I'm expecting more.

Exactly my thoughts. Two hours would be a looooong time to talk about the Watch, given they've already talked about it for an hour and some change.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I'm hoping for a twenty odd minute waffle session from the specially invited developers so I can cook my tea before the more interesting stuff starts again. :)

teslo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2014
i'd give it all up in a heartbeat for an iPad pro...

apple, here in 2015, a surface pro 3 (or 4) are in the minds and (savings accounts) of nearly every designer and media type i talk to about it.. we won't hold off much longer - don't make us deal with Windows!

i keep hearing "long shot" for this event. it should be 'a given'!

Freida

Suspended
Oct 22, 2010
will I be able to watch it on Apple tv later? or is this only for the live streaming and then the icon will disappear?

diegogaja

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2009
When it disappears from the Apple TV channel, it will appear a short time later in the apple keynotes under the podcast icon.

will I be able to watch it on Apple tv later? or is this only for the live streaming and then the icon will disappear?

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.