Apple Logo Cover

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kelly™, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Kelly™ macrumors regular

Hello,
    First: No, I am NOT ashamed of the fact that my favorite laptop in the world is an Apple or the fact that I run OS X 10.5*.

The company I work for (National Center for Atmospheric Research) does alot of educational and scientific videos that I am part of usually, and this includes my laptop. It is against the policy of the video publishers to contain logos such as Apple, Dell, etc on the video so they constantly blur the front of my laptop in the videos.

In TV shows and movies you often see the cover of Dells and Apples etc with good looking (for lack of a better term: stick on) logos. Sometimes custom and sometimes simple things like diamond shaped shiny objects, or a globe, etc. Where could I obtain one of these so I can place it over the apple logo on my laptop? I would much prefer to hide the apple logo and still have something decent or cool looking on the front rather than just a blur hovering over my computer all the time.

Any ideas?
    I asked the producers and they said I could even still put an "apple" here, just not the Apple, Inc. logo apple o.o
    (I know right, lol).

Many thanks for advice or links.

--Kelly

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Covering up the  logo!Is like slapping God in the face! You just don't do it! :D Just kidding, you can always mess around with electrical tape and manage to cover it up with any geometrical shape, if its carefully done it should look OK.

-Victor

3. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

Neat, but no. :)

Thanks for the suggestion deadpixels however I don't really want a "sticker". Other co-workers do that and it looks tacky and they fade, peel, all sorts of ugly crap.

If you look in TV shows etc, you see they aren't stickers but in fact like plastic or even metal things.

Any idea where to get those?

4. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

Again, not that im smashing the idea, im just looking for something with a bit more.... class I guess.
    I mean, I spent over 4 grand on a laptop, I should spend more than $12 on something that goes on the lid ;)

5. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Very well then, you can also try GELASKINS they seem nice and according to them they use premium grade vinyl adhesive from 3M. Maybe you can cut some of it and apply it over the Apple logo.

-Victor

6. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

I love it, thanks!

7. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Glad to help!:D

-Victor

8. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I logged-in to say GelaSkins as well! They are your solution :)