Apple logo flickers; sounds from SuperDrive while in sleep mode. Help! :(

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Blasphemy4kidz, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Blasphemy4kidz macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, this is my first post here on MacRumors. Long time stalker, but I never actually posted.

In any case, I have a big problem. I bought a refurbished 2.0 GHz from Apple last week, and it had a problem with the space bar. (it would not make spaces when pushed down on the right half of it).

So I sent it in, and they gave me a replacement. Sure enough, the new one has no problems with the keyboard. I was so happy! That is, until I closed the lid to make it sleep.

That's when something horrifying happens. The Apple logo flickers after a little noise from the SuperDrive. It's as if it doesn't really want to go to sleep, but the little light is glowing.

I'm really concerned; I do not want to send this one in to Apple again. The process is too long to bare without my MacBook!

Please, does ANYONE have a solution to this nightmare? I would REALLLLLY appreciate whoever helps me.

Thank you so much!

-Blasphemy4kidz

2. nyry30 macrumors newbie

out of curiosity, do you have a wireless usb mouse connected to your macbook when you close the lid?

cheers:apple:

3. Blasphemy4kidz thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, absolutely nothing is connected to the computer. Even my bluetooth is off.

...But I'm assuming that you don't know the fix, since your question was purely out of curiosity :p

This is still a big problem for me, someone please have a heart and help :(

4. nyry30 macrumors newbie

lol, actually I have a similar issue, the only thing is, mine flickers when I have a wireless usb mouse connected, when I take it out everything is alright. I was guessing maybe you had something plugged in and unplugging the usb device would save the day :) It is rather an annoying thing. By the way there is another thread like this addressing the issue. I believe it's a few posts down. :p

good luck, cheers :apple:

5. Blasphemy4kidz thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I saw that thread. It seems that it's a tad outdated, and no one had addressed the issue.

I thought maybe I'd have better luck:eek:

6. Blasphemy4kidz thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help, nyry30, but I've found the solution.

After trying multiple things, such as resetting the PRAM and the SMC, things were beginning to look bleak.

I installed an Apple debug file here: http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/download/usbdebug.html

I used the latest one, as shown in my attachment. I hope this helps anyone else's problems with MacBooks refusing to go to sleep.

:)

Attached Files: