Apple Logo light.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2011
Hi

My apple logo stays lit even when I close the lid. I don’t want the MBP to go to sleep because when it does the network connection gets turned off and I can no longer access it through Apple TV, Air video and Splashtop. But the light is bothering my wife at night and I have to cover it up. I installed No sleep or something like that and it seemed ok. I think the light stayed on since I installed OS X ML.
Can I turn it off without putting it to sleep? :confused:

Thanks

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, turn the screen backlight off. The light that comes out the Apple logo is the same light that powers the screen.

SlyMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Hi

My apple logo stays lit even when I close the lid. I don’t want the MBP to go to sleep because when it does the network connection gets turned off and I can no longer access it through Apple TV, Air video and Splashtop. But the light is bothering my wife at night and I have to cover it up. I installed No sleep or something like that and it seemed ok. I think the light stayed on since I installed OS X ML.
Can I turn it off without putting it to sleep? :confused:

Thanks
You should be able to adjust the time it takes the screen to turn off in the power settings. I usually have is set for about 15 min. It doesnt mess with anything else, just the screen.

wiznet

macrumors regular
May 30, 2012
Canada
Yup, turn the screen to sleep, but keep the device to never sleep itself.

That shouldn't affect the things you've mentioned.