Apple logo loop after 3gs update to 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ird.alex, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ird.alex macrumors newbie

hi, i've tried to update my 3gs BB: 06.15.00 to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with latest version of redsn0w, first attemp was a "succesful" one 'cause it started but no signal. I've tries to instal ultrasn0w 1.2.5 and then the hell unleashed. It stuck on an apple logo loop, and i've tried everything to unde this.

I've tried restoring to 4.1. still stuck
    I've tried to restore 5.0.1 then boot tethered with redsn0w before and after jailbreak
    I've tried jailbreaking with redsn0w with install cydia, ipad baseband and deactivate, all at once and one at a time.
    I've tried to restore to other ipsw, i got a lot of 3194's, 1600's and so on.
    I've tried restoring with snowbreeze modified ipsw's jailbreaked and ipad baseband for both 5.0.1 and 4.1.
    Tried booting with iBooty
    tried official restore to 5.0.1...

None of those worked.. Is there simething i didn't tried?

When i try too boot tethered with redsn0w it seems to work, the pineapple apears on the screen but as soon as the pineapple dissapears apple logo apears and it's stuck again. Stuck after every restore. Is there something left to do ? please give me some feedback. i need it done in few hours, at least have it booting right regardles if it gets any signal or not.

edit: oh, and after a while, if it's connected to my pc. in itunes it tells me that i need to activate it or if the fw is already activated by snowbreeze or redsn0w it asks me if i want to restore or not. if i hit restore error, but still apple logo on screen. And BTW i'm using a windows 7 64 bit PC

2. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Go to your computer and download tiny umbrella. Put your phone into dfu mode, then connect to the computer. Tinyumbrella will see ur phone, then hit exit recovery.

In order for you to get everything to work, you need to change the script in itunes to go to Cydia's server instead of Apple's. I could tell u how to do this on a Mac, not a PC. Do a Google search. Normally, you look for the /etc/ file on a Mac, then change the last line of code to point to Cydia. I know there is a way to do it on a PC as well. The directions are out there, just go to find them. Once you change the code, next step is to download the 5.0.1 ipsw file from any place on the net. Once you have done that Open itunes, right click (i think) on restore and upload that ipsw file u downloaded. Everything will now work.

3. ird.alex thread starter macrumors newbie

do you mean changing the server in the hosts file ? to redirect to cydia ? but i don't see what efect that could have on a brand new restore, without jailbreak. I'll try it aniway . Can you tell me what is the line i need to add in the hosts file ?

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yes, this is for a brand new restore with a phone that was previously jailbroken on 4.2.1 - 4.3.3. This issue has happened to many people. Give me a sec while I find the line of code.

By the way, did u dl tinyumbrella and get your phone back to the way it was with exit recovery? All is for not if u haven't.

5. ird.alex thread starter macrumors newbie

I did, i had tinyU so need for download, i've putted the 3gs in dfu mode and then hit "fix recovery", it was the only one highlighted and the exit recovery. but still apple logo loop. And i also found the ip from the cydia server. it's: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. The ip the from the cydia sv but the gs.apple.... after it fools the itunes in thinking that it's sendin info to it's own servers when it actualy sendes them to cydia's :))).. found'em on a blog.

6. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file:

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

I believe it should look something like this on a PC in the host file:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com
    127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

----------

ok, try holding top power button down for 10 seconds and then add the home button and hold down for another 20 seconds. Should shut down. Then put it in dfu mode.

7. ird.alex thread starter macrumors newbie

Done, tied it three times, gave me and 1600 error on pwned dfu try and 21 error on "connect to itunes" state... Thanks a lot for the help and research :D

8. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

So you got it to work on the 3rd try? or still not working? Wish I could help, but not exactly sure how the PC side of things work with itunes.

9. ird.alex thread starter macrumors newbie

still working :-S

10. ird.alex thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone else ?