Apple logo loop after erasing data on Jailbreak iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by motowasabi, Feb 10, 2010.

1. motowasabi macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Long time Mac user in need of some iphone savvyness here… :D

I wanted to offer my iPhone 3G to my sweetheart so proceeded to erase all data and settings. It took the best part of 2 hours (16Gb), battery was really low.

Since then, the phone loops between the apple logo (with swirling icon) and the very low battery screen.

I've had it charging for a few hours and it keeps oscillating between the logo screen and seemingly blank screen… as if it was rebooting all the time.

I've had it hard and soft resetted, and so far it doesn't show up in my iTunes… also no SIM in there (I need it on my 3GS)

What shall I do to get it back to a normal (even locked) stage?

Thanks for the help.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You need to get it into DFU mode. Why did you "erase all?" Restoring and setting up as new would have done what you wanted. NEVER use "erase all content and settings," unless you're handing it back to Apple. Anyway, your only hope is DFU mode.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, people need to stop hitting that erase all button and think it will delete just data. It actually locks up the phone untill its restored again thru itunes.