Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gabe hurley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Hi there my friend sold me an iphone 4s however it is stuck on an constant apple logo loop. I have tried restoring it in dfu mode and recovery mode however non of this has worked. every time i restore it gets to the point where itunes is waiting for the phone to restart but it just goes back to the logo loop and says error 4013. I have tried tiny umbrella and redsnow however neither of these tools even detects the iphone any help would be much appreciated.

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
I've had similar issues when the phone was damaged, either from water or a drop. Why don't you ask your friend for your money back? Or did you buy it knowing it didn't work?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Hi there my friend sold me an iphone 4s however it is stuck on an constant apple logo loop. I have tried restoring it in dfu mode and recovery mode however non of this has worked. every time i restore it gets to the point where itunes is waiting for the phone to restart but it just goes back to the logo loop and says error 4013. I have tried tiny umbrella and redsnow however neither of these tools even detects the iphone any help would be much appreciated.

Google "Apple error 4013", much to read there and claims to be able to get around this error.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
When it comes to iPhones, DFU mode is pretty foolproof. If for some reason you can't update or restore from DFU mode, then it's 100% a hardware issue. Likely Flash storage or logic board related.

gabe hurley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
right ok i have looked up the error 4013 and it says it could be the phone disconnecting which in a way it is as it wont restart just constantly loops would there be a way around this or could it be hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.