Apple logo loop

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabe hurley, Jul 13, 2015.

1. gabe hurley macrumors newbie

Hi there my friend sold me an iphone 4s however it is stuck on an constant apple logo loop. I have tried restoring it in dfu mode and recovery mode however non of this has worked. every time i restore it gets to the point where itunes is waiting for the phone to restart but it just goes back to the logo loop and says error 4013. I have tried tiny umbrella and redsnow however neither of these tools even detects the iphone any help would be much appreciated.

2. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I've had similar issues when the phone was damaged, either from water or a drop. Why don't you ask your friend for your money back? Or did you buy it knowing it didn't work?

3. gabe hurley thread starter macrumors newbie

i knew it didnt work was hoping there is a way to fix it.

4. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Hardware issue, I had this issue a few years ago spending many hours trying to fix (trying everything!)

5. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Google "Apple error 4013", much to read there and claims to be able to get around this error.

6. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

When it comes to iPhones, DFU mode is pretty foolproof. If for some reason you can't update or restore from DFU mode, then it's 100% a hardware issue. Likely Flash storage or logic board related.

7. gabe hurley thread starter macrumors newbie

right ok i have looked up the error 4013 and it says it could be the phone disconnecting which in a way it is as it wont restart just constantly loops would there be a way around this or could it be hardware?