Apple Logo on iOS and Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MarcusCarpenter, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Something thats been bugging me for a while is why when you turn a MBP/iMac on you get a plain grey Apple Logo but on an iP5 you get the "3D effect" logo ?

i remember on 10.6.2 or x3? it had this 3D logo on bootup on an old MacBook, why do i not have this on my new one ?

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If you mean the one below its because it looks hideous. Once Jony finally gets his crayons out things will be more consistent and less butt ugly.

Attached Files:

3. MarcusCarpenter thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

i just wind it weird that they would change it back to the plain grey one, i defiantly remember a version of Snow Leopard 10.6.X that used the 3D Apple logo like above

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Do you mean they've 'gone back to it' on iOS since it was changed on OSX?

I can't vouch for that but if that is the case it just shows the inconsistency that has plagued Apple's interface for quite some time. It always bugged me that iTunes and Quicktime etc had a brushed metal appearance yet other apps didnt. They rectified that somewhat with Leopard giving everything a uniform grey, but then they went and updated iLife with Garageband and various other apps with skeuomorphed appearance and went straight back to a disjointed experience.

5. MarcusCarpenter thread starter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Kind of, its always been the same in iOS, in OS 10 it was the grey one, but i remember 1 version of SL that had the one from iOS then it was quickly changed back to the crap grey one, i do hope they do something decent this year, 10.8.2 has caused me so many problems yet they still haven't x.x.3 :( released