Apple logo on new 2017 iPad

Can you see it?

• Total voters

Mako Sato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Hey, does anyone else notice that the logo on the back of the new iPad sort of look like a glowing Apple logo, like the one on the older MacBook Pro's?

apple.com/au/ipad-9.7

(Sort of near the bottom, above the Wireless Connections section.)

Attachments

plexdk

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Hey, does anyone else notice that the logo on the back of the new iPad sort of look like a glowing Apple logo, like the one on the older MacBook Pro's?

apple.com/au/ipad-9.7

So thats why its thicker! :p

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States

apple.com/au/ipad-9.7

It's not glowing it's the reflection of light shining of that polished logo like all other iPads.

Reactions: 8692574 and 0989383

superheroux

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
Minnesota
It looks like it is white like the new red iPhone. I kind of doubt that they would go with a backlight given that it would require additional hardware.

Edit: Or a reflection like the above posts...

Reactions: Mako Sato

Mako Sato

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
It's not glowing it's the reflection of light shining of that polished logo like all other iPads.
Oh okay, thanks for informing!
[doublepost=1490186007][/doublepost]
It's reflective.

Although I for one really miss the light-up logos on the (now older) notebooks. :(
Yeah, on some products, the non-glowing logo looks better, but on things like the new MacBook Pro, kinda wish they'd keep it.
[doublepost=1490186164][/doublepost]
It's reflective.

Although I for one really miss the light-up logos on the (now older) notebooks. :(
On the other hand, though, it'd be annoying if you're, say, in a cinema, then all of a sudden a giant Apple logo lights up the entire room!
[doublepost=1490186351][/doublepost]
Probably should've dug a little deeper before I started a thread... I forgot to look on the Specs page, hahaha!

Reactions: gobikerider

myrtlebee

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
It looks like it is white like the new red iPhone. I kind of doubt that they would go with a backlight given that it would require additional hardware.

Edit: Or a reflection like the above posts...
The logo on the new red iPhone is not white. It is silver.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
On the other hand, though, it'd be annoying if you're, say, in a cinema, then all of a sudden a giant Apple logo lights up the entire room!!
People should be able to stay away from using tech gadget for 1 hour and a half..... you go to a cinema, enjoy the movie for the love of God!

Reactions: Legendts

CagdasCizer

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2015
I tought it was a new logo or something. It is literally impossible for Apple to do such thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.