Apple logo showing through screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hoby14, Jul 20, 2009.

1. hoby14 macrumors newbie

I was using my Macbook in a part of my house where the sun shines pretty brightly and noticed that where the Macbook logo is on the shell it was shining through the monitor and it was pretty noticeable, is this supposed to happen?

2. Unibody5 macrumors member

I would think not.

lolwut

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Rofl dude, I think it's a shortened version of his name... :rolleyes:

I don't think you should be able tot see the Apple logo, however when I'm in a very dark room and my Macbook is on and closed (with InsomniaX), I can see some dots of light through the top on the right of the case, which is odd but I guess it's just the light from the screen shining through some spaces in the machinery. It's nothing big really.

Just move your Macbook out the way of the light.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

If I hold my MacBook so that the sun is shining against the backside of the top lid, and have something dim/dark on the screen, I can see a faint Apple logo.

5. Lorenz0 macrumors regular

Put it down as a characteristic, and move on. I did.

If something is semi transparent to allow the lcd backlight (thats the source of the apple logo illumination right?) to shine out the back, then of course strong light is going to come back in the opposite direction in the right conditions.

6. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

It doesn't happen all the time but it does happen when your MacBook's screen is getting hit by direct blazing sunlight!

Ams.

7. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

wow, mine does it!...learn something new everyday :eek:

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You're wrong. The Apple logo is a hole in the aluminum. It feeds off the display backlight. When the screen itself is backlit (by the sun or whatnot), you can see the logo.

9. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

I've seen this on mine as well. But indeed only when really bright sunlight is shining directly on the lid.

10. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Pretty sure every Apple notebook since the TiBook and white iBook G3 has done the same thing.

11. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I have seen this on a PowerBook G4 I used, however, I haven't had my macbook in enough direct sunlight to notice it.

12. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Yup, this happens to any Apple laptop with the glowing logo, back to the later PowerBook G3s.

Attached Files:

13. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

In my limited experience, it's much more noticeable on the older iBook/PowerBook models as compared to the newer MacBooks/MBPros as well.