Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BNHabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
If someone can give me there advice/opinion I'd really appreciate it!

I did a fix that essentially would allow me to connect to my monitor without the MacBook Air screen on.

However, I decided to opt out, so I disabled it using the provided codes in terminal.

For some reason, when I turn on my Macbook Air I notice that it takes about 20 second to show the Apple logo, but then it boots up very quickly.

Could enabling/disabling this thing using terminal be the cause? If I reformat the computer, does that re-do everything back to stock as if I didn't apply or disable any tweaks?

Here is the thing I did for anyone who is interested:
http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20110901113922148

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Reset your PRAM (hold Command-Option-P-R at boot and hold until you hear two chimes) and then select the correct startup disk is the Startup Disk pref pane.

BNHabs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Reset your PRAM (hold Command-Option-P-R at boot and hold until you hear two chimes) and then select the correct startup disk is the Startup Disk pref pane.

You sir are a genius!

Thank you so much for your help! I REALLY appreciate it - you don't even understand!

Someone takes 2 minutes out of there day and helps others - great community and forums on here!

Question: why would an OS command do something that if you don't reset the PRAM is irreversible? Does reformatting your computer fix this as well etc?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The nvram command sets variables in the PRAM. It is used by Mac OS X to set things like the startup disk. It can also be used to add other things as with your screen problem/fix. Reinstalling the OS would have likely not fixed that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.