Apple Logo then off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by winrawr, Nov 15, 2009.

1. winrawr macrumors newbie

Alright so about a week and half ago my iphone started randomly crashing. i restored from backup once. no dice died in an about an hour. then i did a complete restore and still no dice. now i cannot even turn it on by pressing the power button. i have to hook it up to my comp/wall charger and it will go to the apple logo then turn off shortly afterwards. i try putting it into dfu mode but i get error 23 when i try to restore. if theres anyone that can help me out because as of last month my warranty went out and i took it to the apple store and they said it would cost 200 because its most likely a hardware issue. its an iphone 3g 8GB with 3.1.2 fw

2. winrawr thread starter macrumors newbie

also when im in at the apple logo if i unplug it it will automatically turn off

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Error 23 has to do with a failure of the radios. There's really nothing you can do but pay the $199 OOW and get a replacement. Have you dropped it or had it exposed to water? You can try restoring in DFU mode, again, or even try Recovery mode, but I doubt it's going to work.

4. winrawr thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i figured :/ i haven't dropped it. when i took it there the first time they said that there had been no wear and tear or water damage. so i dunno guess im just gonna have to go get the OOW.