Apple logo with spinning wheel, can't enter recovery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kayly, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kayly macrumors newbie

Took my iPhone 3GS to have the screen replaced, it was working fine before I brought it in, but after the guy replaced my screen all it does is have the little apple logo with the spinning wheel.

I have looked online already and here's what makes mine interesting:

-iTunes IS recognizing the phone and is able to sync/restore it but restoring it does not solve the problem;

-I can hold the home/power buttons until my fingers bleed and it will not power off/enter recovery mode

-Once I DID somehow get it into recovery mode, from which I did the restore, and the stupid apple logo/wheel thing came back up.

Does anybody have anything else I can try (besides going to the store and strangling the guy who did this)?

P.s. he said he's got about 4 other phones with the same problem right now and is trying to blame iTunes/Apple saying they're trying to get rid of the old phones or some crap like that. :mad:

2. mutchy126 macrumors regular

If Recovery Mode is not working, Try DFU Mode:
    http://adf.ly/2Bj85

(I hope that I help you)

3. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

The #3 connector is most likely damaged. If you can restore the phone normally through iTunes but the only thing you get is the spinning wheel then you have a hardware issue.

It may sound weird but search through my posts. It's happened to a few members who I helped out. It's also happened to me a couple of times.

The only way to test is to open to the phone, unplug the #3 connector only and reboot. Leave everything plugged in but #3. If it boots, either the #3 ribbon needs to be replaced or the entire connector needs replaced.