Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I wonder how many will keep the netbook ... I can't stand the keyboard on any of them.

This part is interesting as well:
The tiny size of the survey and that fact that Retrevo links to far more netbook-selling sites than it does Apple resellers colors the legitimacy of its figures, but the move to low-price netbooks is inarguable.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
The new Dell 11z looks nice and you're getting a cut down Core 2 instead of Atom. Lots more power there and the GS45 handles video hardware acceleration too.

It's no ION but it's cheap.

MTI

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
I wonder how many will keep the netbook ... I can't stand the keyboard on any of them.

This part is interesting as well:

When was the last time you actually tried a current netbook's keyboard? There has been a concious effort by manufacturers to address the market.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
When was the last time you actually tried a current netbook's keyboard? There has been a concious effort by manufacturers to address the market.

I try them every time I see them at the store - it would be nice to just throw it in my assault pack.

rcf-dds

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
Cleveland & Columbus, OH
"The majority of student laptop shoppers will not consider buying a Mac," says Renevo's press release.

glad i'm not in the majority. starting graduate school this fall and got my uMBP 13" in July.

been a PC user all my life and finally made the switch - never ever ever looking back. yes, we're poor college students, but the extra $ spent on a mac is damn damn worth it =). It's called a summer job! ppl need to stop being lazy and get one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.