Apple Mac Furniture

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bomadian, Jan 24, 2008.

1. bomadian macrumors member

I've been looking for the perfect piece of furniture for use with Apple Mac gear. Modern, sleek, space saving and advanced work stations but there is a real lack of options. I've tried Anthro and their Mini Cart, expensive but well made furniture, but it didn't really offer much flexibility. I would like something I can use sitting on the couch, with a swinging shelf, kinda like the way a meal tray flips out on airplanes but of course sturdy enough to support a monitor. I know it's asking for a lot but you spend a lot on mac hardware and it's a shame to dump it on a rickety PC cart made out of chipboard.

Anyone had pleasant experiences with mac furniture?

By the way, I'm using a mac mini with apple cinema display.

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Ikea work for me. They have some great stuff.

3. timtam macrumors member

Seconded for IKEA, just find anything in IKEA that suits your needs. Cheap as well ;)

4. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Thirded for IKEA. I'm buying 2 desks from IKEA for my new house and they're fantastic quality.

5. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

office max has the sharper image desk which has been the perfect combination for Mac Pro and Desk. Not bad at all.

Haven't been to IKEA, otherwise I'd probably vote for it too (i've heard great things).

6. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

Word of caution about IKEA. Just make sure you buy a desk that doesn't have a hollow tabletop. I had my iMac on one of those and the whole desk sounded like it was buzzing. I replaced it with the attached glass top and legs - also from IKEA - and all was good.

Attached Files:

7. Chris204 macrumors regular

I got a pretty decent desk at Costco for about $60.

8. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

costco represent...haha im a supervisor there...good cause you can return it wheneveryou want...ikea is awesome though

9. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

I throw in for 100th vote for iKea! (god I just realized with out thinking about it spelled iKea with a lower case I and upper case K. I need to stop working for Apple for a little while .. take a breather) Anyway I have a lot of their furniture. Love it all. Went there to the design your own desk area. Cant complain one bit .. I got exactly what I wanted.

Kevin :apple:

10. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

Yeah ikea have some nice stuff, and it's well priced too. We got both our desks from there. My pc is on a regular wooden one, and the wifes nice iMac is on the posh glass one :D

Only fair to segregate them i think!

11. Bye Bye Baby macrumors 65816

Bye Bye Baby

Call me a snob

You might call me snob, but there are fewer things worse than a house populated with furniture from Ikea. The stuff isn't bad, it is just totally devoid of originality and personality. It's the kind of house you walk into and say 'Oh dear, it looks like someone went shopping with the catalogue!'

We say so much about being lovers of the Mac and its originality and personality as opposed to windows boxes and then go an put it on an Ikea desk (the Windows of the furniture world). Not a huge amount of sense in that.

Just my two cents worth.

12. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Apple should release the iDesk. It would sort out all of our problems.

13. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

MUJI!

It might be hard to get hold of in America, though.

14. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

If you are like me and can't afford to spend hundreds on furniture then definitely Ikea. They just have so much cool looking stuff. On the modern spectrum of things of course.