Apple MacBook 13.3" MB881LL/A $799 After Rebate @ MicroCenter.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Courtney Love, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Courtney Love macrumors newbie

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...that's not old, its the currently just updated whitebook with the same specs as the base UniMB...

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

That's the 2009 refresh white Macbook. It's a very good deal if it is legit. I always wonder about such a generous 'rebate' - you will have a very difficult time trying to actually get the rebate. Plus it might be a store return or a refurb. A rebate that high is a big warning of a scam.

4. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Check the business out with the Better Business Bureau. If it's legit, it's a heckuva deal. I'd also find out the requirements for the refund. Even if you have to wait a few weeks to get the refund, why not.

I've got a friend who was an old school power pc mac user, and he recently went to your macbook a couple of days ago, and he LOVES it! I think it's the best value you can get for your money in Appleland.

5. acurafan macrumors 6502a

OMG! i should of waited another 2 months before i purchased my white macbook, ugh! :D

microcenter is legit, regular visitor to their store and their people are more knowledgeable then best buy. it's a great deal.

6. Courtney Love thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, i assumed that with such a price it was an older model, but yeah, as far as is this legit, it's a real store, so go for it, if you need it.

I saw it on slickdeals and thought I'd pass it along here. enjoy.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

It's only a great deal if the rebate is genuine. Lots of legit stores offer rebates that are all but impossible to redeem. Checking on resellerratings.com it shows that rebates from MicroCenter are very difficult to obtain, and the site itself has a poor rating. Orders are often cancelled as 'out of stock'. I'd avoid them.

8. trip1ex macrumors 68000

microcenter is a reputable store and Apple dealer. They have stores across the country.

They just had a $200 rebate on the new low-end iMac.

9. macrumorsMaster macrumors 6502

No one's saying it's not a legit store. What we're questioning is the rebate. If you don't get the rebate, you've overpaid!

I found a couple of horro rstories about not getting rebates from micro, so I don't think I'll take a chance, I'll just wait for the free touch or pod offer in the summer. If you sell it, you pay about the same :D

Also the rebate form says you have to mail it 15 days from INVOICE date. What if there's a delay in shipping ?:p

10. getfuzzy77 macrumors newbie

Rebates are always a pain in the butt no matter what company you go through. Microcenter let's you track your rebates online. Keep in mind the majority of people who post about their rebates are negative only because they feel the need to complain. This just means you see a snapshot of the negative vs. The positive. Take online feedback with a grain of salt. I've never had a problem with microcenter and I have a few friends who are mac sales people there.

11. md63 macrumors 6502

Overpaid? Actually if you don't get the rebate, you paid $999.99, same as the Apple Store. Oh wait, you did overpay. ;)

12. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You call have the order canceled.

13. relativist macrumors regular

since this post it has been out of stock! So far no change. Anyone have any luck getting one of these? I think you have to pick it up at the store.

14. relativist macrumors regular

picking mine up tomorrow, will sell my current MB afterwards.

15. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Let us know how the rebate works out.

16. hndn macrumors regular

Bought one last week, $800, can't beat the price for new white MB.
    It stated out of stock but there were 2 in store when I got there.

17. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

They had a new model MBA for $250 off last week (may have been a rebate too). There was a thread where someone asked if Micro Center was legit, and a few people said no... Interesting to read a different story here in this thread.

If the company always pays rebates, they have some great deals. I will keep watching as I am looking for another Mac for my daughter.

And $200 off the price of a current WhiteBook is awesome...

Go for it!