Apple Macbook 15 2010 Video Problem Thread!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by critten, Apr 30, 2010.

1. critten macrumors member

Yaay my mac's video card died after 5 days of normal use. heres the picture. Luckily they replaced the mac for me, but for those out there I want to see if anyone else had this problem. It would boot then go to a pixel jumbled screen. Reformatting works and everything looks fine but whenever it gets to the desktop it does this. I have formatted 3 times!!! I have a i7 highres matte screen. After unloading 2.4k, apple is freaking me out!!!!

My 8600gt mbp died on me as well due to video, that's when i switched to windows. Luckily i was able to pull all my stuff out. The HD was fine so i could connect and transfer, but i hope this isn't a video card problem like that one was!!!

by the way transferring all to the new mac works no problems and the video is not distorted...so it probably isn't software especially since i formatted it a few times!!!

Attached Files:

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

You know, a pixel-jumbled screen (looks kinda like really high-res analog snow) is what we get on some of our mac pros at work that have Samsung LCD displays attached to them. We've never taken them in though, because we found that if we turn the screen off and then back on, it comes up fine AND because all our other Mac Pros that have LG displays attached to them are fine, leading us to assume the problem is with Samsung.

I wonder if this is the same thing. Granted, you can't exactly just turn the screen off and back on in an MBP and hope it fixes everything...