Apple Macbook Pro Color Logo Sticker, where?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chiuy, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Anyone have any idea where to purchase some like Apple Logo color sticker for your MacBook Pro 13" 2011?
    I kind of want like a Red Apple logo instead of a white, plus it's really bright when it's white in the dark.

Besides ETSY.com, I checked, no Red Apple Logo.

2. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

2 options:

1) you can remove your screen and put a piece of red film between the light and the apple shaped cutout of the case (there are video how to's on YouTube, just type apple mod)

2) you can try and find a clearish red vinyl, trace the exact shape of the apple from your MBP, and then then cut out the stencil and apply to your notebook.

These two options are for if you want something homemade.

3. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I've opened my MBP screen numerous times to change the logo color. I like purple on it but stopped recently at the behest of wishing to keep my AppleCare warranty. I've taken it in numerous times after removing the filter in between the aluminum and screen and apple has never noticed.

4. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

how did you manage that? I thought the display assembly was especially delicate.

5. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Not really. It's a process but super easy. The first time around with the aluminum MacBook pro it took Neman hour to do it completely. But afterwards only takes me about five minutes once i knew my way around. Look up instructions online. Super easy. But voids he warranty.

6. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah... I don't think I wanna lose $200 from opening my laptop and void a 3 year warranty on a month old laptop. haha.
    I prefer stickers.

7. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I agree with you about not wanting to lose the warranty, which is the main reason why I haven't done it to my current MBP replacement...though personally hate the look of stickers, they look cheap and everybody is doing it...in my humble opinion.

8. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Tell you the truth, if you're in California, I dont see much people that put stickers or anything on their MacBook, maybe once awhile, but quite rare.

Sticker on the logo, I wouldnt notice the difference, unless you're very close up to it. Other than that, it looks cool

9. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I just remember visiting a few UCs a while back seeing a couple of MBP's with a bunch of reddit, digg, etc stickers... I like to let the aluminum shine!

10. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

hahaha. I would like to let it shine, but the stickers also makes it a good illusion to persuade some thieves that this ain't an expensive MacBook Pro and that it's just like any other laptop but with stickers on it! =D

11. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

Yeah same here in Colorado, at least with the logo stickers. Most people just cover them with ski/snowboard/skateboard stickers

12. DFTU101 macrumors member