Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aleina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
As it says in the question my Macbook Pro wont go past the loading screen. I have followed the suggested tips online to rectify the problem and it has not fixed it. I have been able to load the boot screen and it has given me the option of reinstalling the operating system but when I select it, it comes up with an error. I'm currently running Mountain Lion so I don't know if that makes a difference. I was able to install Mavericks but I didn't so am unsure if that makes a difference. Please help.

Aleina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
I'm not sure specifically which model it is. However i know it was one of the first macbook pro to come out with the silver finish. I brought it in 2009 if that helps.

Aleina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Sorry I don't know where I would look to find the serial number. If someone could point out where I can find it that would help .

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
It runs Mountain Lion/Mavericks, so I'm assuming it's a unibody (quite possibly a 2009 Unibody)

It sounds like your hard drive has failed.

Aleina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks for the suggestion but that seems to complicated for me to do. Is their nothing else I can do having been able to reach the boot mode.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion but that seems to complicated for me to do. Is their nothing else I can do having been able to reach the boot mode.

If the hard drive has failed, it needs replacing.

You have 3 choices

1. Replace it yourself. It's actually very easy.

2. Pay someone to replace it for you.

3. Buy a new computer.

1 and 2 are not overly expensive. 3 costs a lot of money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.