Apple Macintosh Plus M0001

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by HarryWorksInc, Nov 14, 2010.

1. HarryWorksInc macrumors regular

How much would a fully functioning Macintosh Plus 128k model number M0001 with keyboard and mouse go for these days?

Also if it means anything the motherboard was made in 1983, just found that interesting because I got it new when it came out in 86. Also the power board was made in 85 and has "FINAL TEST" stamped on it.

2. David Schmidt macrumors 6502

David Schmidt

The Mac Plus was the longest-produced Mac of all, so they tend to be cheap and plentiful. It would be unusual to find one with 128k of RAM- they all came standard with 1 Megabyte of memory. There is 128k worth of ROM, though.

The board might be copyrighted in 1983, but it wasn't made then. You can get the final assembly date based on the serial number.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Depends. On eBay and TradeMe I see Macintosh Classics (I have a Macintosh Classic) and Mac Pluses going for $10 to $100. I purchased my Macintosh Classic for $110. The Mac Pluses were made for longer than the Classics, however the Classics where made 5 years after the Mac Plus. This sorta evens it out to the same price:

If your quite lucky you could sell it for $50 or even $100.

--

Mind you, my Macintosh Classic came with a really good hard carry case. If you have any accessories or software for it, sell it with the computer and you will probably be able to sell it for quite a bit more.

External floppy drives, floppies, games, software, carry cases... It will all up the value of your Plus quite well :)

4. pooky macrumors 6502

If it is indeed model M0001, then it is not actually a mac plus, it is an original Macintosh, which did indeed come with 128k RAM (sometimes also called the Mac128k). I think the OP was confused - there was no Mac Plus 128; there was a Mac Plus, and a Mac 128. It sounds like the OP has the latter.

As for what this means as far as the computer's value, I have no idea.

See http://oldcomputers.net/macintosh.html

5. Peter.Howard macrumors regular

Peter.Howard

What does it exactaly say on the rear of the unit?

Macintosh, Macintosh 128k or Macintosh Plus 1MB?

A Macintosh Plus is a M0001A

whereas the original Macintosh, (simply called Macintosh) was the M0001

depending on which model it actually is, depends on what it is worth

It is not uncommon for mint condition original Macs to go for several hundred dollars.

6. HarryWorksInc thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I looked into the link "pooky" provided and its a Macintosh 128k.