Apple Macpad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lindenhurst, Jun 6, 2012.

?

WOuld you purchase a Macpad ( Mac/Ipad combo) if Apple produced one?

1. Yes I would consider the Macpad

13 vote(s)
    41.9%
  2. No I would not consider the Macpad

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  1. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

With the Asus transformer Prime out there, as well as some others, wouldn't it be great if Apple produced a Macpad, which would allow you to use the screen only as an iPad, and both together as a Mac?

I realize that it would possibly cut into their sales of either iPads or Macs, but I could see the interest in the product.

ANy thoughts as to whether Apple might do something like this in the future?

Would you purchase one?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think the technology isn't quite there yet to make a great tablet/notebook hybrid. Obviously, I'd rather carry one device that does everything than carry both an iPad and MacBook Air like I do now. But not unless that single device can be both a great tablet and a great notebook. Right now, MacAir + iPad is still lighter than the notebook I had before them, so I'm satisfied with carrying both when I need to.

3. Cheap Laptops macrumors newbie

They have one... It's called the MacBook.

A Tablet is a tablet. A Laptop is a portable computer.

You don't need anything in-between in my opinion. :p

4. EthanMiller macrumors member

5. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I think after this WWDC any discussions like this are going to be entirely moot.

From what has been talked about with iOS 6 and what we know about Mountain Lion, Apple's vision will be all of your information and all of your data on all of your devices, kept in place via iCloud.

There's going to be a vocal 10% who complain about the lack of a file system, or the necessity of multiple devices, or that not all apps will work well with documents in the cloud or sandboxing, etc.

However, for many people who already use iOS, I believe it will be pretty profound.

I also feel OS X 10.8, iOS 6, and iCloud is going to accelerate Mac growth - particularly once Windows 8 is released. People have iPads, iPhones, and Windows computers. The removal of friction between OS X and iOS will be a big selling point for Macs.

6. migdaddy macrumors 6502

7. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

You know Flash is slowly being replaced by HTML 5, right?

8. migdaddy macrumors 6502

Ok well I just wish I could stream sports and videos from the iPad instead of having to pull out my MacBook

9. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Depending on price and battery life, I might be interested.

I think it's more likely that Apple will just continue to bring iOS and Mac OS closer together. Hopefully bringing features from the latter to the former in the process (as opposed to just porting features from the former into the latter).

10. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I'd consider it, though they would either have to kill off the current iPad, or make it a significant game changer.

11. jacob-07 macrumors regular

Use the iswifter browser...