Apple made me confused... Thank you everyone for helping me!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by KeeeeenW, Jun 26, 2009.

1. KeeeeenW macrumors member

KeeeeenW

I am leaving the U.S on Sunday to China. I am not going to be back in two years. I ordered a engraved iPod Shuffle(It's also a red product which may take effort for me to get it in China) as a birthday gift for her. I planned to bring the iPod Shuffle back with me on the airplane.

The estimated deliver date on Apple website was 23th-26th of June in both standard shipping and 2-3 day shipping, so I chose the standard one. After I ordered the stuff, the Apple Store website guided me to the FedEx package tracking page, and it said estimated deliver date was 25th of June. Obviously, I did not get the stuff yesterday and the estimated deliver date was disappeared on the FedEx website yesterday. It also said that the stuff is in Boise Stock(I live in Boise right now). I went to FedEx service station in Boise, they said the stuff(iPod Shuffle) was not even in Boise, the website sometimes has the wrong tracking method,the deliver date usually is not the date I can get the stuff because of the economic downturn( they deliver the stuff day by day). They also said the stuff may get here on Monday which means I would never get that package...

Here are some of the things Apple made me confuse:

1.deliver date usually is not the date I can get the stuff because of the economic downturn( they deliver the stuff day by day).
    2.Apple did not indicate the differences between 2 shipping method.
    3.FedEx which is the shipping carrier for Apple has the wrong website information

What I can do??? How can I submit the situation to Apple??? Thank you!!

Attached Files:

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

apple no longer has anything to do with it, FedEx has it, so you would need to contact them to track it correctly and hurry it up

3. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

Thank you! The FedEx guy told there is no chance to get it on Sunday...

4. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

That would be the time to pay premium for next-day FedEx(!)

5. theheadguy macrumors 6502a

Except that's not an option with engraved Shuffles. The OP paid for the fastest time.

6. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

Can I still do it now??? I order it in the beginning of the week!

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

No, it's too late to change shipping methods.

I think you're screwed to be honest. If it's not delivered today, it probably won't be delivered until Monday.

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Why did you order it so close to your leaving?

9. bitWrangler macrumors member

I'd make a big stink at FedEx (as others have mentioned, it's out of Apple's hands after it left China). Usually the tracking info is created by FedEx actually scanning the package as it leaves and arrives at it's various locations, so my guess is that it really is in Boise. I think you're experiencing the _true_ difference between "regular" and 2/3 day shipping, with regular shipping there is no real guarantee of performance in that any estimate is just an estimate and they are free to hold your package for as long as they deem necessary and economically prudent, for them. With 2/3 day, then there is an expectation that it will take no longer than 3 days to arrive at it's destination and those packages get moved to the front of the line. I know it's too late now but if you had this hard deadline you should have played it safe by springing for the extra few bucks and getting the expedited shipping.

Again, take your printout and drive down to the fedex facility, right now (unless it just happens to show up today) I think that's your last hope. FedEx offices are open on Sat as well (though they usually don't deliver unless packages were marked specifically to allow for Sat delivery) so you can also try then. Be sure to call and find out what their hours are since they are usually abbreviated on Sat.

Good luck and have a safe trip

10. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

Because I was busy before this week :( I'm responsible for that...

11. KeeeeenW thread starter macrumors member

KeeeeenW

Thank you very much!! I call the 1-800-GOFEDEX and they put a trace number on my stuff. The stuff office told us that they have the my stuff's record in Boise stock but they can not find the stuff in the stock :(

Thanks for your comparison between 2 different shipping methods! I will be pay more attention next time. It's not really Apple's fault, but I think they should indicate the differences between 2 method more clearly.