Apple Magic Mouse Corrosion/Pitting prevention?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iOrbit, Jul 10, 2012.

1. iOrbit macrumors 6502a

i just received my magic mouse, trackpad and wireless keyboard today and i'm aware already that the magic mouse's aluminium finish is prone to pitting. so since many here must own one, i wondered how many of you Haven't experienced the pitting? has anyone taken any successful measures to prevent it?

i want to keep my things in good condition, especially for resale value, so i decided to simply tape my mouse on the sides where my fingers sit. i realised within 15 mins of use, my fingers were unusually sweating with the magic mouse. my fingers never sweat that fast with my older plastic logitech mouse. so i figured it must be the aluminium that makes my skin sweat?

i have a macbook pro but i don't concern for making that pit as i hardly ever rest my palms on the palm rest, i usually just type and then recede my hands t the track pad.

heres some pics, of the tape as well, its not too noticeable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Interesting, I've never heard of this issue before. But anyway, I've been using a MM for over two years now, no pitting/scratching etc. The device looks brand new, not even scratches or webbing on the plastic surface.