Apple magic mouse

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Rhyst21, May 20, 2012.

1. Rhyst21 macrumors member

Rhyst21

Hi guys i have a magic mouse and every 20 mins or so it keeps losing connection for around 30 seconds then reconnect's
    The batteries say they have 71% so they are fine, Any ideas

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Numbers can lie. Try other batteries. If not, are there any devices nearby that could interfere? E.g. Bluetooth or similar frequencies from a phone or something?

3. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

Any microwave ovens nearby? Microwave ovens, particularly cheap poorly-shielded ones, are notorious for screwing with everything in the 2.4GHz range (including WiFi and Bluetooth)

4. jobrocowan macrumors newbie

I had this infuriating problem for a while. I was using re-chargable batteries; after changing them to normal batteries the problem disappeared.

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Are the positive ends of the batteries completely flat or do they have a tiny raised dot in the middle?

6. John T macrumors 68020

John T

The flat end of a battery is its negative one.

7. musty345 macrumors regular

musty345

Dangerous Theory is right.
    I always have my iPhone on my desk, close to my mouse. I found turning off the bluetooth on the iPhone stopped this from happening.
    Good luck!

8. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

Check and see how many Bluetooth devices are connected to your Mac. If 5 or more Bluetooth devices are connected to your Mac at the same time, the problem you described may arise. I limit the number of simultaneously connected Bluetooth devices to be smaller than 5.

As other people have suggested, a low battery level also causes such a problem.