Apple Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by davidg4781, Jul 6, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

Just wanted to put this out for anyone that's researching it.

I bought a Magic Mouse a year or so ago. It's sat in a drawer this entire time, mainly because I use my laptop on top of my lap 99% of the time.

I've been doing some other stuff and decided to actually use the mouse.

OMG, once you spend about 10 minutes getting used to all the gestures it is such a nice piece of hardware. Eh, may not be as comfortable, especially if you're doing a lot of heavy mousework, but for normal stuff and needing it to just help navigate it's pretty slick.

The next day at work I kept trying to swipe back and forth between pages. Wasn't working on our Dell mice.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I know the feeling! The MM spoiled me for all other mice.

3. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

The reason it gets uncomfortable to use the magic mouse is because for more than a decade or 2 mice have needed to be held a certain way, and THAT WAY is not comfortable with the magic mouse long term. I loved my magic mouse when I had one, but it took about a week to adjust to how to hold it without using normal mice.

BTW, have to checked out the magic trackpad? I'm done with mice altogether.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I love the gestures but not a fan of the ergonomics.

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I have both, and I use the MM about 80% of the time. However I just yesterday got a MacBook Air, my first Mac laptop - so using the trackpad there may make me more comfortable with the trackpad on my desktop.

6. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

My favorite setup is Magic Mouse for navigating, and then I have the trackpad on the left side of my keyboard as a sort of gesture pad. Best of both worlds!

7. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

100% right! :)
    i dont want to seem full of myself, but it's one of the things you just don't understand how you lived without it. i had to fix my brother's PC (drivers and such) - so im using his mouse and i say "what the hell is wrong with this mouse (my gesturing to the left angrily)" :D

8. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

I have a MacBook Pro so I'm assuming my trackpad does the same as the Magic one, right?

If I ever get a desktop I'm definitely getting a MT.

9. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Yes. It's great being able to use all the same gestures and movements between your laptop and desktop. None of that awkward few minutes of readjusting to a mouse after using your laptop a lot.

10. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

I enjoy the gestures truly, but it's probably the most uncomfortable mouse I've ever used. If you follow Razer, there are different kinds of mice and ways to hold them, primarily Claw or Palm. The palm technique is impossible with the Magic Mouse, it's just way to low so clawing is the only way to make it work, but it's pretty much the most intense claw every, just finger tips and nothing else.

11. scbond macrumors 6502

I'm the other way around...I loved it at first then realised how crap it was. Not exactly the best made Apple product and depending on the surface you use it on it's a pain to move sideways.

12. cledet macrumors regular

cledet

How's the actual battery life on those things?

13. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

It's been sat in a drawer for the past 2 years or so and has a full charge right now.