Apple Mail 4 (GMAIL/IMAP) with GrowlMail Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by vbman213, Jul 14, 2010.

1. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Installed Growl and GrowlMail today. LOVE THEM!

Anyway, my gmail is configured with custom labels, which IMAP detects as "folders".

For example, any time my gmail account gets a facebook mail, it labels the message as "Facebook".

This is great, but GrowlMail shows TWO Growl messages. One for the message coming into "Inbox" and another to the message coming into the "Facebook" folder.

This is my theory. Otherwise, I have no idea why I'm seeing multiple Growl alerts for emails that are moved/labeled.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's a Gmail thing. Since it has two labels (Inbox and Facebook), it shows up in two folders in Mail. Of course, in Mail, deleting it in one place doesn't delete it from the other (it just removes that label), and so on. It's one of the weird quirks that comes from using Gmail and it's labels with a traditional folder-based program.

You can set your filters to have it skip the Inbox, although then, of course, it won't show up in the Inbox which for me means I'd probably never read it, or you can have GrowlMail not show the alerts for that mailbox (I think, can't recall off the top of my head how you do that).

jW