Apple Mail alternative?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wayneholbrook, May 7, 2011.

1. wayneholbrook macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

Good morning everyone,

I wondering if anyone has an alternative to using Apple Mail?

I use my email for business most of the time and somewhat enjoyed outlook on the pc at work. At home I have all Mac products. In outlook you can do so much such as flag mail, click mail for follow ups, and so much more to list. I bought office 2011 for Mac but outlook for office is horrendous, doesn't sync properly with mobile me, sync issues with iCal, and if you create a new folder let's say in mobile me and you all ready have your mail account established on outlook it won't bring that new folder over like it would automatically in apple mail, you have to dreads the entire account and re-create it for it to bring that folder over.

So at the end of the day I'm a bit lost, anyone else having these issues, I so wish apple mail would get it together and understand that many people use their mail for business as well, they really need a huge update to their mail client.

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Mozilla Thunderbird is a nice mail client, latest version is 3.1.

I haven't used it for a few years, since Apple Mail has been enough for my uses, but earlier I used Thunderbird.

Other than that there are a few mail clients, but as far as I know none that are free.

3. wayneholbrook thread starter macrumors regular

wayneholbrook

It doesn't have to be free, I don't mind paying. I just want the best available mail client possible that works great with a Mac. Also I was looking at a graph the other day and noticed that a lot of mail clients don't really update their software often at all. Some haven't did an upgrade for a few years, I think that's absutley crazy.

So I just figured I would post here to see if anyone had any thoughts on the best mail client out there that works well with a Mac. I will research the last one you just recommended.

4. Examinus macrumors member

5. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

I'm using Apple's Mail still, but lately I've heard good things about Postbox....

Check it out at

http://www.postbox-inc.com/

There's free demo version if you want to test drive it....

Also, there's MS Outlook too....haven't used it on the Mac, just on PC's in the past....

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I used Outlook at work and I found that Mail on the Mac has more features. It works better with iCal events/alarms. You could send events from PC to Mac but not vise versa. In Mail you can have smart boxes and RSS feeds sent.

If you really need Outlook, you can set up a folder that looks for the email address. So when you send an email to your office with your email address (jondoe@me.com) it will put that in the folder.