Apple Mail and Gmail app

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaveBD, Nov 13, 2014.

1. DaveBD macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    I recently changed the protocol I was using with Apple Mail (OSX 10.6) from POP3 to IMAP (it's a Gmail account).
    Since then, everytime someone replies to one of my email, I can see some incomplete messages on my Gmail app (Android phone): when I go to see that new email, I can see the thread with my original email and the reply email. But I also have a circle in between those 2 emails with a number in it (for example: 4). When I tap on it, it shows an extra 4 emails, from me, identical to the one that I have actually sent, but incomplete. The first one on the list will only have the first 2 sentences of my complete email, the second will show the first 3 sentences, and so on.
    How do I stop these incomplete messages from showing? I have been looking for an answer online for a while now but haven't been able to find any solution. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Cheers.

2. dcains macrumors regular

Is the GMail app on your Android phone a "Mac Application", or from the "Mac App Store"? Only asking because that's what this forum pertains to.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Sounds like automatically saved "drafts" are added to the conversation on the Android, which is pretty horrible if so.

If that IS it then you need to find out how to keep it from occurring.