Apple Mail App Leopard problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mdntcallr, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

Ever since upgrading to Leopard. the Mail app for me has had problems.

For instance, if I try to open up an email, goto the header, it will open up a different one. This is not every time, just once in a while, but it is still very annoying.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

2. toontra macrumors 6502

I've had a couple of Mail problems since going to Leopard.

Firstly, I don't always get the new mail audio alert (less than 50% of the time). Also, junk mail now doesn't go to the Junk folder but stays in the Inbox (even though it's been identified as junk!).

Anyone else got these probs?

3. quovadis macrumors regular

quovadis

Has worked perfectly or me from day one. Note all my 4 email accounts are accessed via IMAP. If you use POP, I don't have any experience there.

4. jbomber macrumors 6502a

jbomber

attachment issues

for some reason, i can't get mail to attach anything larger than 2MB.

anyone have the same problem or any insight?

5. isleofjib macrumors regular

i've experienced this as well. and about the same 50% of the time. it isn't a big deal cuz i look at the icon enough that nothing slips by too long. the only other issue i've had is that occasionally, i'll be reading an email and out of no where it will deselect the email (like no email is selected). again, not a big deal, but if it did it more often, i'd be more annoyed. overall, i think it's a nice improvement over tiger's mail.

6. romi123 macrumors newbie

Mail 3.1 doesn't show attachments in some instance

After upgrading from Tiger to Leopard Mail 3.1, certain messages do not show the attached pdf's in the header any longer. These pdfs showed up in Tiger, and some other messages in Mail 3.1 that contain pdf sare displayed strangly. Anyone any idea what the reason could be or anyone else has the same problem? Even though I do not see the attached pdf I can save it to the desktop using File:Save Attachement as..., and it shows up in the Attachments column.

cheers

7. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

This might be a gmail issue, but I use gmail IMAP through Mail.app so it has become a Mail issue.

The only way I can close Mail (75%) of the time is by force quitting it. It always seems to be telling me that it is halfway finished downloading my gmail messages when I go to quit the app. I know this isn't the case because all my messages are already there, but it doesn't allow me to quit the operation or the program. It doesn't beep at me or crash, it just gives me the beach ball and ignores me until I force quit. Anyone else having this problem?

8. splott macrumors newbie

Lost attachments

I've noticed the audio alert not functioning 100% of the time, and the junk thing, but that doesn't bother me half as much as the fact that the app doesn't appear to be saving attachments as it should.

I save my email to an external hard drive on a daily basis individually as .rtf or .rtfd files. Since upgrading to Leopard, I've discovered that despite ensuring the include attachments box is ticked in the Save as ... dialogue, attachments are NOT saving as they did in Tiger. I've lost countless .docs and images as a result of this, though strangely if images are attached in the body of the email, rather than appended, they appear to save OK.

Is anyone else seeing this? Am I missing a trick somewhere? I've come across someone else with the same problem on another site, though no responses have been posted to their post.

9. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Haven't been able to use Mail since getting my iMac a few months ago, endless smtp trouble, haven't been able to find a fix so gave up trying to sort it out. I use Thunderbird instead, but would love to be able to use Mail. Oh well.

10. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

When I got my mac, I imported my email settings from Outlook 2007 using the tool recommended by Apple. I ended up with a few valid emails, and lots of copies of the same spam message, overwriting all the rest.

I bought a copy of Mac Office and the problem went away.

11. gurk macrumors newbie