Apple Mail App

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mtnDewFTW, Mar 23, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, so I love using the built in Mail app that Apple includes on all Macs.
    But I have a question.

So, naturally, I have 2 inboxes, one on my computer, and the other one under my Gmail folder. However, it's called All Mail.

Here is my question: Is there a way to set up Mail so when I delete a message in my Inbox (On my Mac) it would automatically delete that message from the All Mail folder? And also my Gmail server as well?

2. KevKaos macrumors 6502

Hopefully the op was able to get his setup working, and that was a good read but I think I had to get something called "gmail notifier" to get mine working correctly. My setup has me using gmail for ALL of my email, but I can use my Apple Mail app (and iCal for calendar) to control my email (and Google calendar) on my iMac, AND my Droid phone. I LOVE IT. Just adding to the thread in hopes that it may help someone else. I got all my information by simply googling "gmail on a mac" and "gmail Droid".

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Google Notifier only sits in your Menu Bar and lets you know if new mail has arrived to your web-based Gmail account. It works completely independent of, and has no interaction with Apple Mail.