Apple Mail Attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macman4789, Apr 5, 2014.

1. macman4789 macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I have been wondering about the way Apple Mail uses attachments. Sometimes when I add a PDF document it puts the document actually in the body of the email so you can view the document in the text box. Or it will attach the file as a document icon in the main body of the email.

I wondered whether Mail will let you attach differently, similar to Outlook where it puts it at the top of the email as a file to click on and download?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. charliemacos macrumors newbie

Mail will always put images inline with the content of your email.

In order to do what you want, you'd have to zip the PDF first and then add it as an attachment.

3. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

That's not my experience. If the attachment is a multi page PDF, I find that it is often attached to an email as an icon.

Also, if one chooses, an inline attachment can be converted to an icon using a right click and selecting from the drop down.

4. charliemacos macrumors newbie

Very good to know, thank you.

5. Pndrgnsvc macrumors 6502

Pndrgnsvc

Attachment Tamer

I am a big fan of Attachment Tamer: http://lokiware.info/Attachment-Tamer

That USD $15.00 shareware (amongst its many features) allows one to select, on a case by case basis, whether to embed images/pdfs, etc. or include them as attachments (icons).

I found it to be rock-solid, works as designed, and is problem/conflict free.

And, of course, there is a free trial.

6. macman4789 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys, I didn't know whether there was a way to display attachments like outlook does. It is probably one of my few niggles with mail.

Grateful for the right click drop down advice. Thanks