Apple Mail changes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lodesman, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Lodesman macrumors regular

Lodesman

What is Apple doing to Apple Mail ? I have been experiencing problems in Mail for OSX not recognising my password either for my incoming or outgoing mail.(I know it is correct).

The upshot was that I deleted my mails account and while setting up a new account noticed that the setup procedure seems to have changed.

I have re-established a Mail for OSX account and it is working but is anyone else having problems with their mail settings changing randomly?

I do have the fall back of using web based mail but I'd prefer not to as Apple Mail is more convenient.

2. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

I had this problem with the betas and it lead to my provider blocking my e-mail account. I contacted them and they unblocked it, luckily. Then 10.11.0 came out and Mail worked at first attempt without any problems. Still don't know what the problem was.

3. Lodesman thread starter macrumors regular

Lodesman

Thanks for that. I find it a bit frustrating when something that has been working perfectly suddenly stops for no apparent reason and requires reinstallation for it to work again.