Apple mail, connection doctor some account down

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kevs1, Mar 20, 2016.

1. kevs1 macrumors regular

I have three email accounts active. On the desktop it two say not connecting and one if good.

On laptop, the two that are not connecting on desktop are connecting fine, but the one that is not connecting on the desktop is not connecting.

Both computers are tied to the same router/ Ethernet via cord. Internet is fine. What do I do?

I never ever type is a password or anything besides the one day I create the accounts. The accounts were entered once, on both machines the same day, and then they work great for weeks/ months at a time.

Thanks.

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Just a thought but it <might> help to know which email services you are talking about...?

3. kevs1 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks S, they are both connecting now, self resolved, but now the Gmail one just receives on laptop and is not syncing well or fast, via IMAP to the desktop. I have one Gmail and one att.net email. I just recently got on board with Google Apps, which took over my main domain email, so I'm wondering if Google is to blame... but then the att.net also had issues. I have heard that gmail server has issues with Mail, so I'm keeping an eye out. Rare its screwy for a full day though.