Apple Mail crashed my Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chandsa, Jun 24, 2009.

1. chandsa Guest

Hello,

I have black MB and a week or so ago I was working on composing an email in Apple Mail. After sometime the application was unresponsive and then the unfathomable happened; my MB CRASHED :mad:

When I powered up my MB, I found to my dismay that all my accounts were missing. I had configured multiple Gmail accounts for IMAP access using Apple Mail.

Question: Is there any way I can recover the lost emails and account settings. Setting it back up is a non-issue, however, I'd like to know why it happened. I am going to talk to Apple and see if one of their wizards can figure it out, but before that I thought I'd check in here.

Any tips/tricks/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Go to your Home folder -> Library -> Mail. Is that folder empty, or are there a bunch of files/folders for your accounts?

3. chandsa thread starter Guest

There are a bunch of files and folders in the ~Library/Mail directory. However, I checked the "Mailboxes" directory and just found a couple of files, Outbox.mbox and Sent Messages (Gmail).mbox. So I am guessing that I have lost all my mail and would need to reconfigure and re-download all the messages from my mail clients? Am I right?

Thanks for your help!