Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukejc1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2013
Wisconsin
I am having issues with Apple Mail 7.1 (1827) where it doesn't always want to refresh and check for new mail. Pressing the "Get new messages for all accounts" button does nothing at all. The only way to get new messages is to restart the application.

I have it set up with Gmail and have heard that there are some issues with Gmail and Mavericks but haven't heard this described as one of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

garrettj

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2011
Same problem here.

I can also resolve it my choosing Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline, waiting a moment, then choosing Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. But I have to do this pretty much daily.

Any other ideas? :)

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
See there you go Guys !! Same problem with me swell...I have reported this and so am asking for suggestions on some better push Mail Options...:rolleyes:

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I was having a problem getting gmail on several accounts. The menu Mailbox>Get New Mail item would show my gmail accounts greyed out. I'd have to take them offline and then online again to get mail, or restart Mail.

Per a suggestion elsewhere, I used Keychain First Aid in Keychain Access on my passwords. Even though it didn't report any changes, the problem in Mail was resolved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.