Apple mail doesn't refresh

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lukejc1, Jan 4, 2014.

1. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I am having issues with Apple Mail 7.1 (1827) where it doesn't always want to refresh and check for new mail. Pressing the "Get new messages for all accounts" button does nothing at all. The only way to get new messages is to restart the application.

I have it set up with Gmail and have heard that there are some issues with Gmail and Mavericks but haven't heard this described as one of them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

3. garrettj macrumors member

Same problem here.

I can also resolve it my choosing Mailbox > Take All Accounts Offline, waiting a moment, then choosing Mailbox > Take All Accounts Online. But I have to do this pretty much daily.

Any other ideas? :)

4. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

See there you go Guys !! Same problem with me swell...I have reported this and so am asking for suggestions on some better push Mail Options...:rolleyes:

5. Sbowen67 macrumors newbie

Try AirMail and a Hosted Kerio Connect combination.... it's a winner!

6. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I was having a problem getting gmail on several accounts. The menu Mailbox>Get New Mail item would show my gmail accounts greyed out. I'd have to take them offline and then online again to get mail, or restart Mail.

Per a suggestion elsewhere, I used Keychain First Aid in Keychain Access on my passwords. Even though it didn't report any changes, the problem in Mail was resolved.